Thursday, July 22, 2010

My banker and DK experiment

There were several blog articles that I had read about getting started on a new server with just a low level toon. So what I had thought about was using the ability to also create at least a Death Knight of level 60 to get some farming done for "seed money". I created a Night elf druid to use as a banker, and for fun I leveled him to about 5. Then ran to Darnassus. I also created a Human DK, and leveled him through the beginning DK Quest chain.

I used the Dk to farm a Rare pet, the Leaping Hatchling which spawns in the Barrens. Easy for a level 60 to kill. Its rare but it spawns frequent enough to be worth a run once or twice a day to look for one. My guess is that I'd get one about 25% of the time. I farmed 2 of these over a few days, just running the path to look for them when I logged in and out of the game. I then hearthed and sent them to the banker. Sold each for 200-300g and then ran back out to the Barrens to farm a few more as time permitted. These sold very quickly, and i had about 500g to begin flipping in the Auction House.

Whats interesting is this server is on a different progression level then my home server, so it was a good experience in seeing what was really a good deal, and what was just less expensive because of where this server was in the game.
I only dabble in this server experiment. But i have 5 full bags of flippable items to sell, which i post on the AH either every day or every other. I'm pretty conservative, mostly buying things i have faith will be flipped for a profit. I also have 7500 gold on my banker now. The goods in my bag are probably worth another 2,000 gold once they sell.

Happy Prospecting!
Fat Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment